Isn’t it amazing to thinking that your baby is already learning whilst in your womb?
Your lifestyle, your emotions and your environment will all play a part in your baby’s development. It’s been scientifically proven that the development of your baby is no longer just down to genetics alone. Which means the old nature verses nurture debate is officially and woefully outdated. The modern approach known as the interactionist view is what counts.
So what does that mean?
Well, It’s like having two dimmer switches (just like the ones you have on the wall in your lounge), one operates in response to your genetic make up (nature) and the other one operates inresponse to your environmental factors (nurture). In certain situations your nature response will be more prevalent and at other the nurture switch will be on and takes the lead. Your response will greatly depend on your belief in your ability to cope in the situation, your previous life experiences and the beliefs you hold to be true about yourself andthe world around you.
What does this means to your baby?
This means that every time you communicate with your baby in the womb, the interaction counts towards their brain development, emotional and physical growth.
Also what you feel emotionally counts, as your baby feels what you feel too.
But please don’t be alarmed by this if you are having an emotionally challenging time as your baby needs to feel all of the emotions to learn, just like they do as children on the outside!
There is a strong connection between your mind and body. Every thought you have impacts on your emotional response, your re-action to asituation, actions to take and impacts your immune and nervous system.
So, to strengthen your baby’s brain development, emotional and physical growth I recommend you;
- Give yourself time to fully relax on a daily basis
- Build on your helpful thoughts about becoming a Mother
- Take positive conscious actions to bond with your baby in the womb
Just 10 minutes of conscious bonding time will raise your oxytocin levels, strengthen your baby’s brain development, emotional and physical growth and help towards your baby’s birth-day.
Here are 10 ways you can both enjoy some beautiful bonding time.
- Play your favorite piece of music daily. See how your baby responds to it. After 26 week of pregnancy your baby can hear sounds outside of the womb as well as feelyour feelings.
- Watch your favourite comedy box-set on TV or anything that has that ‘feel good factor’ in it. Belly laughs are greatfor raising oxytocin and building a strong positive connection with your baby.
- Read aloud to your baby, regularly read your favourite poem, story or sing a song to your baby. You’ll find they respond to this once they are born.
- Write a love letter to your baby, expressing your love joy and excitement about meeting them. This will certainly build the bond between you.
- Chat to your baby throughout the day, this may seem a bit daft at first as you may feel like ‘talking to yourself’ but your not and they are listening.
- Take relaxing bubble bath; notice how your baby responds to the water. Pour water over one side of your bump andthen the other. Does baby play alongwith you?
- In the early days of pregnancy you may find yourself placing your hand over your abdomen protectively. At around 6 months your baby will feel your hand stroking your tummy and they are likely to respond by moving. You may find yourself doing this instinctively. Imagine your baby, are they smiling, giggling, happy are they calm and relaxed and feeling loved. When your baby kicks, press back with a simple pattern and see if they respond toyou.
All of these things will promote oxytocin levels in both you and your baby. Remember you need this in abundance for birth.
Find time for your partner to bond with your baby too, let them read, sing and stroke your tummy; your baby will hear their voice and get to know them. Ready for when they meet on your baby’s birth-day.
Share your beautiful bonding moments with in the comments and a sign up for our FREE 5-Day Mini Birth Preparation Course starting on 21st January 2019
Join Us Here >> https://mailchi.mp/db4737d0c3f0/free-5-day-mini-birth-preparation-jan2019